Places to Visit in Mandarmani – BeachPosted By jai hanu on August 5, 2015 at 10:09am | Asia, Blog
Renowned for its longest drivable beach in India, Mandarmani is located in the East Midnapore district of West Bengal. Situated at a distance of 14 km from Chaulkhola, the village is one of the fastest developing tourist attractions of West Bengal. Called Mandarboni by the locals, the village offers peaceful settings for tourists to unwind and spend some quality time. The prime attraction of the village is the 13 km beach. It the longest drivable beach in India. Visitors can experience water sports activities like surfing, jet skiing, banana boat rides, ATV bikes and bungee trampoline. The beach is also an ideal spot to watch sunrise and sunset.
The Digha-Mandarmani Festival is another attraction, it is a four day festival held in the month of January. Several water and beach sports events are conducted. One can also participate in the sea food festival, where you can select your favourite fish that would be cooked in front of you. During the festival, concert is also held in which Bangla band performs on the temporary watchtowers built on the beaches. Tourists should also try the local cuisine, which comprises delicious seafood. Crab and fishes are the main delicacies. Shopahollics can buy objects made from different types of sea-shells and oysters,ornaments like shell necklaces are famous among the tourists.
Mandarmani is a beach resort in Purba Medinipur district of South Bengal , one of the southern districts of West Bengal . It is almost 180km from Kolkata Airport on the Kolkata – Digha route and just 14km from Chaulkhola .Mandarmani is one of Bengal’s recently developed tourist destination that lies close to ever-popular Digha and Shankarpur. With sun and surf, pristine sea beach and untrammeled silt coloured sand, this beach is slowly becoming popular among the tourists.
Mandarmani boasts of a 13 km long motorable beach, probably the longest motorable beach road in India. On the beach you will undoubtedly get the chance to feel the divinity and tranquility. If that is not enough to please your senses, then try to loll on the sand and listen to the waves crashing upon the shore, which will surely drive away your bustling pressure. Pack your bag with light cotton clothes to avoid the summer heat; Don’t miss out to carry sunscreen lotion, as it will help you to minimise the risks of excessive tanning; Before you set out for a drive on the motorable beach, gather information on high tides, because during high tides the water might reach up to the beach level, which can be dangerous.
Places to visit in Mandarmani
The beach is probably the longest drivable beach in India. The beach is famous for water sport activities like surfing, jet skiing, ATV bikes, banana boat rides and…
Situated on the outskirts at a distance of six km from the main coastal town. Most of the resorts and hotels are located in this area. It is…
The marvelous look of Digha beach makes a person fall in love with nature. This beach is 7kms long and is located in the proximity of the town.…
Things to do in Mandarmani
Boating in Mandarmani
Boating in Amravati lake is one of the popular things in Mandarmani. One can opt for a boat ride to explore the beauty of this lake.
Tourist Places near Mandarmani
- The second largest city of West Bengal, Howrah, is Kolkata’s twin city. It has many places of tourist interest.
- Chief among them is the Howrah Bridge.
- 120.17 Km from Mandarmani.
- Known as the ‘City of Joy’, Kolkata holds an important place in the economy, politics and culture of India.
- The West Bengal capital is among the four…
- 121.15 Km from Mandarmani.
Sundarbans National park
- Sundarban, the largest delta in the world, consists of 10,200 sq km of Mangrove Forest, spread over India and Bangladesh.
- The part of the forest within India.
- 126.79 Km from Mandarmani.
- Popular as the ‘City of Temple’, Ambika Kalna in West Bengal is famous for its terracotta temples built in 18th century.
- The shrine complex matches the splendour.
- 185.82 Km from Mandarmani.
- A small town near Bolpur about 212 kms north of Kolkata, is Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore’s Shantiniketan.
- His vision became what is now a University town.
- 223.96 Km from Mandarmani.
- The bustling city of Bhubaneshwar is the capital of Odisha, famous for its architecture and ancient temples.
- It also happens to be a Buddhists and Hindu pilgrimage.
- 248.18 Km from Mandarmani.
- Surrounded by beautiful lakes and hills, the village of Boranti is located about 225 km northeast of Kolkata in the Purulia District of West Bengal.
- 227.67 Km from Mandarmani.
- The Sun Temple, pristine beaches and rich culture and heritage make Konark a popular tourist destination.
- It is also the venue of the Konark Dance and Music.
- 256.34 Km from Mandarmani.
- Situated at the convergence of Mahandi and Kathjuri Rivers, Cuttack is the second biggest city in Odisha located 27 km from the state capital Bhubhaneshwar.
- 274.89 Km from Mandarmani.
- The last capital city of independent Bengal, Murshidabad is known for its Mughal and British colonial history.
- It is located on the banks of Bhagirathi river.
- 280.91 Km from Mandarmani.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL AS PLAN YOUR HOLIDAY
HOW TO REACH –MANDARMANI
The nearest airport is Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl Airport in Kolkata, located about 183 km from Mandarmani. The airport is well connected by flights to Indian cities including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Bengaluru. From the airport taxi services are available for Mandarmani.
The nearest railway station is at Digha. Trains from Howrah halt at the station. The other nearest railway station is at Contai, about 17 km away.
Mandarmani is well connected by road. One can board state-run and private buses from Esplanade, Howrah and Kolkata. Mandarmani can also be reached by road from Kolkata.